The craniosacral resources here are links to other sites which have useful content related to Craniosacral Therapy.
Craniosacral Therapy Information
- Craniosacral Therapy Information gives lots of information about Craniosacral Therapy and is run by someone who has benefitted from Craniosacral Therapy.
- Franklyn Sills’ Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy website. Franklyn is a leading figure worldwide in the Biodynamic approach to Craniosacral Therapy.
- Craniosacral Therapy Educational Trust Facebook page has lots of interesting craniosacral resources on it.
- Ged Sumner and Steve Haines blog Cranial Intelligence blog with lots of good craniosacral resources.
Craniosacral Therapy Institutes and Associations
The two main organisations who register practitioners and their training bodies in the UK are:
- Craniosacral Therapy Association UK has a directory of all the RCST (Registered Craniosacral Therapist) Practitioners and a list of all their practitioner Trainings in the UK.
- Upledger Institute UK and their directory of MCSS (Member of the CranioSacral Society) Practitioners and all their Trainings in the UK.
- The Sutherland Society is the UK Organisation for Cranial Osteopaths.
- An audio lecture series on Biodynamics of Osteopathy in the cranial field by Dr James S. Jealous, D.O. available on CD and to download.
The InnerBody website is hard to beat for interactive 3D visualisations of all the body systems.
The excellent Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy has video of fresh dissections of the whole body which are very clearly described and seen.
Human Skull is a video of the bony structure of the the head.
Indiana University Bloomington has a set of great Human Embryology Animations.
And of course The Visible Embryo.
Craniosacral Therapy Book List
To my knowledge there is currently no really accessible book for the general public, but in my opinion, Wisdom in the Body: The Craniosacral Approach to Essential Health by Michael Kern gets the closest for clarity.
For a fuller list of cranial books have a look at Craniosacral Therapy Association – Further Reading and the Upledger Institute – Bookshop.